Edmonton, Alberta

I am getting quite annoyed that Ancestry.ca keeps sending me emails when I have unsubscribed from ALL of them.Every time I get one now they will get a reply and will be contacted by me until it stops.

They have a link at the bottom of the email to click to remove yourself from receiving them. It's ***. It doesn't remove me AT ALL. And why can I not delete my information off their site?

I do not understand. This isnt right. This is infuriating. Not a good business model.

I will be telling every one I can reach on social media to NEVER go to this site. I didn't even subscribe to them. I clicked once out of curiosity.

Not cool Ancestry.You officially pissed me off.

Review about: Ancestry Subscription.

Reason of review: cannot unsubscribe or cancel.

Preferred solution: Let people fully cancel their information on the website. Stop ALL emails when asked to. Let people actually unsubscribe. .

I didn't like: Emails.

Had an Experience with Ancestry?

Comments

TG2

I never gave Ancestry.com my email address.I never created an account, and have never really visited the site.

I suspect a family member gave my email address to them, but Ancestry fails to provide an unsubscribe option on those emails, and the only way to tell them you don't want emails is to log into your account..

So tell me Ancestry.com ..how does one do that, when one does not HAVE an account with your site?

Secaucus, New Jersey, United States #1264885

DITTO!I have even had to wait on hold for 45 minutes to get through to someone who assured me my membership would be cancelled and I still get emails because they trick you with sub opt outs/opt ins (for lack of a better descriptor).

Some under the guise of research that you never opted in to and I would think that when you cancel your subscription that these opt ins would also be cancelled.Sick of these emails and sick of companies thinking they can abuse your information.

Huntington, New York, United States #1208264

Has this been resolved for you yet? I'm having the same problem