Ancestry - Won't stop sending emails

42 of 94 Ancestry reviews

I am getting quite annoyed that Ancestry.ca keeps sending me emails when I have unsubscribed from ALL of them.Every time I get one now they will get a reply and will be contacted by me until it stops.

They have a link at the bottom of the email to click to remove yourself from receiving them. It's ***. It doesn't remove me AT ALL. And why can I not delete my information off their site?

I do not understand. This isnt right. This is infuriating. Not a good business model.

I will be telling every one I can reach on social media to NEVER go to this site. I didn't even subscribe to them. I clicked once out of curiosity.

Not cool Ancestry.You officially pissed me off.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Emails

Reason of review:
cannot unsubscribe or cancel
Preferred solution:
Let people fully cancel their information on the website. Stop ALL emails when asked to. Let people actually unsubscribe.
Product or service
Ancestry Free Trial
Review category
Professional Services
review #829984 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ancestry? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
42 of 94 Ancestry reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 03 #1264885 Secaucus, New Jersey, United States

DITTO! I have even had to wait on hold for 45 minutes to get through to someone who assured me my membership would be cancelled and I still get emails because they trick you with sub opt outs/opt ins (for lack of a better descriptor). Some under the guise of research that you never opted in to and I would think that when you cancel your subscription that these opt ins would also be cancelled. Sick of these emails and sick of companies thinking they can abuse your information.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ancestry. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ancestry.
Filing a new complaint about
×