Turnaround Time

AncestryDNA provided me with absolutely no information that I did not already know. I have not traced my family history, but I do know where my grandparents came from.

According to my results, I am approximately 3/4 "European Jewish," which is considered to be a "region" or "ethnicity" by AncestryDNA. From research I've done, this describes a religion, not a region or ethnicity. For $99, and from the advertising I've seen, I thought I would learn something more about my genetic history and ancestors that could not be determined in any other way.

What a waste of money!!!! The information I received could simply be determined by looking up the history of a surname.

Review about: Ancestry Dna Blood Test.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: I contacted the company and it will not refund any portion of this test. I simply want to let others know about the likelihood of their being disappointed in results if they rely on the advertisements of AncestryDNA..

Comments

My response Review #1077323: AncestryDNA's category called "European Jewish" refers to genetic sequences common to the legitimate ethnicities called Ashkenazic Jewish and (to a lesser degree) Sephardic Jewish. These are not simply religious designations as you alleged.

Nor did you waste your money, because your test is useful in a variety of ways. For example, to learn the deep ancestral makeup of your DNA, upload your AncestryDNA data for free to GEDmatch and then use the ethnicity admixture tool called Eurogenes K36.

This will show what elements of your ancestry started in various parts of Europe versus which come from the Middle East and North Africa. Its categories include Italian, Iberian, Armenian, East Mediterranean, East-Central European, and more.

Angie7511