Ancestry Phone Numbers and Emails

Media
Advertising Inquiries
content@ancestry.com
Is this your business?
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

How to Contact Ancestry Customer Service?

Most Popular Number:

(801) 705-7000
1300 West Traverse Parkway Lehi, UT 84043 USA
Total calls: 1 001 Issues resolved: 52 Last call: Apr 22, 2024

What Is the Ancestry Phone Number?

For assistance with Ancestry services, individuals can access Ancestry Support online, which offers detailed guidance on account management, genealogy resources, and step-by-step guides on various subjects such as Canceling Membership, creating an Ancestry account, and accessing Ancestry corporate, among others. The Ancestry customer support team can also be reached using multiple phone numbers offered by the company. For instance, general inquiries about Ancestry's service can be directed to the company's headquarters at 1-801-705-7000. Similarly, contact Ancestry.com at +3 531 765 1500 for international assistance in Dublin, Ireland. To contact the London office, call +44 203 884 3700. The Ancestry phone number to contact the San Francisco branch is 1-415-795-6000. These numbers provide access to knowledgeable representatives who can address various queries and concerns.

What Are the Ancestry Customer Service Business Hours?

For those engaging in the enriching journey of discovering their family history on Ancestry, the customer support team stands ready to assist 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Whether users are seeking in-depth information about their ancestors, exploring the roots of their origins, or unsure about the platform's myriad possibilities, you can contact Ancestry.com at any time of the day. This commitment to continuous assistance ensures that users can confidently navigate the platform and receive the help they need at any hour, reflecting Ancestry's dedication to providing an enriching and accessible genealogical experience.

How Do I Contact Ancestry Support via Live Chat?

To initiate the Ancestry customer service chat, head to the Support Center on the website and engage with Leif, Ancestry's virtual assistant. Leif is designed to provide swift assistance on various topics, including starting with the platform, family tree creation, updates, cancellations, and privacy concerns. This interactive Ancestry contact feature allows users to receive quick and tailored guidance. For live chat support from a customer service agent, users should reach out during regular Ancestry customer service hours, from Monday to Sunday, 7 AM to 9 PM MST. This ensures users can receive dedicated support during specific hours.

What Is the Ancestry Headquarters Address?

Ancestry's headquarters is at 1300 West Traverse Parkway in Lehi, UT 84043, USA. The Ancestry Ireland Unlimited Company's corporate office is 52-55 Sir John Rogerson's Quay in Dublin, Ireland. Similarly, in San Francisco, Ancestry can be found at Townsend St., Ste. 800, and in London, it's situated on the 4th Floor of Strand Bridge House, 138-142 Strand, WC2R 1HH. These Ancestry contact addresses are critical to the company's core operations and corporate presence. If customers have queries or need assistance, they can contact the Ancestry customer support team for necessary assistance and guidance.

PissedConsumer Club

Poor
Guest-5715157
Free Trial Cancel Charges
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

Would have given this zero if possible. Signed up for the free 14 day trial.

Cancelled 2 days before the end. Today I received a renewal fee of $35. I went back in and went through the cancel process again, this time they charge $25 to cancel. Spent time with their customer service since I did not receive any type of cancel confirmation either time.

They say they never got the original cancel, said that the one today did got through even though I did not get an email. The agent resent the email from a different email address which I did get. Then disconnected with a note that if I did cancel the first time I would have gotten the email. Beware, this is $60 in charges for a service that was cancelled twice.

First time dealing with anything like this company or customer service. I am cancelling my credit card as well to make sure no more charges go though, not trusting them.

Guest-5633240
Being ignored
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

Terrible. I've been a member for many years and upgraded to the DNA community.

I have spoken to several of their representatives and was ignored. I submitted a complaint now several weeks old and am still being ignored.

They seem more interested in collecting bills and upgrading membership. The customer service reps are Indian and I can hardly understand them and they really don't understand anything about genealogy research nor do they seem to care.

Charlotte F Xsy
There is an error in your software

I have made multiple calls to customer service. Here is the story again.

I have been a customer for years email ckfoulkes@***.com. For Christmas I wanted to get my granddaughter her own account and set up remy.jeanette@***.com. Set up with her name Jax Ancelin. Used my credit card and it was declined.

Call Mastercard and no transaction was sent from Ancestry. Called customer service and found your software defaults to Name on the account and the credit card info does not request name (MAJOR DESIGN FLAW, ADD NAME TO CREDIT CARD INFO). Changed account to my name Charlotte Foulkes and card was still declined. I went to my ckfoulkes@***.com to change because discovered is correct credit card number, but my old address in Arlington, Tx not Los Angeles, Ca.

Attempted to set up new card with new address and is declined now on my account I have had for years. I expect someone from IT to call me at 817/821-**** and help resolve this issue. Cards will not work at all now, because when I submitted with Remy name, it has held on to that name or is a error message some where that has not been answered or log message that has been ignored. If you are going to have customer service, then you need an escalation procedure as your supervisors cannot contact anyone higher with an issue they cannot resolve at customer service level.

This has been reported multiple times and I have received no emails or calls.

If I do not order DNA kit by tomorrow, my Granddaughter will not receive her present before Christmas. Did not know that SCROOGE was president of Ancestry.

Deklen Srn
Cancell all subscriptions and refund

Cancel all subscriptions and refund my account immediately I tried calling customer service about my request and to my surprise they were extremely unresponsive and unhelpful

How Good is Ancestry's Customer Service?

Alistair Fug
Alistair Fug
Feels Disappointed | Apr 19, 2024

Getting registered has been impossible, so far my only experience

Tanmay Ikw
Tanmay Ikw
Feels Disappointed | Mar 21, 2024

Consistent with poor ratings

Apollo Tvk
Apollo Tvk
Feels Neutral | Mar 15, 2024

I had to contact customer service twice to have my problem resolved.

Jennifer F Mkj
Jennifer F Mkj
Feels Disappointed | Mar 05, 2024

I’ve called several times and spoke with multiple customer service representatives. All of them assured me that I would be receiving a new test, since the other 4 tests failed. It’s been a year & complete frustration. I’ve been taken through every step time and time again. Who do I need to talk to to make this happen? The lady I spoke with yesterday assured me that I would receive an email with a confirmation code. It never came once again.
Thank you.
Jennifer Figueroa

Ebrahim Wos
Ebrahim Wos
Feels Satisfied | Jan 03, 2024

I love Ancestry! I can find records and other info with a fraction of the time and money it would take to go to the places where my ancestors lived, and try to find the info on my own!

Ross Osh
Ross Osh
Feels Disappointed | Dec 05, 2023

Difficult to communicate with representatives to tell them what the problem is.

Summary of Ancestry Customer Service Calls

14% ISSUES
RESOLVED

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call Ancestry?

Account Question:

• “To register sample. Sooo frustrating. Pissed not helpful. 3 days attempting , either password rejected or id verification sent hours later by pissed expired 5 minutes after sent. Can someone get my sample registered!!!!!”
  • “Account”
  • “About picking up my mother's account”

Activation/ Cancellation Question:

• “Cancell all subscriptions”
  • “I can't cancel Ancestry”
  • “Need to cancel, lost log in info”

Request for Information Question:

• “I need to talk to customer service”
  • “Looking for upgrade I bought for $10 a month”
  • “Newspaper inquiry”

Payments and Charges Question:

• “I did not authorize these transactions”
  • “Billing”
  • “Billing issue”

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• “I still have not received my DNA kit”
  • “I did not receive a label to send my kit back to you”
  • “Need a new shipping label”

Refund Question:

• “Never got my refund”
  • “Pissed consumer. I tried chatting and am not interested in sending $1. Fully refundable or not. Thank you”
  • “Money back now!!”

Product/ Service Question:

• “Not letting me access a DNA I submitted”
  • “Can't access my old email so I can update my new email”
  • “Does it really work”

Return/ Replace Question:

• “I returned a unwanted test kit! You revived it on the March 15 2024 and I didn't revive my money back”
  • “Return issue”
  • “Return un used kit”

Staff Question:

• “Services”
  • “To end all services with ancestry”
  • “Horrible service”

Cards Question:

• “To make sure you have the correct credit card”
  • “Money was taken from my card and I do not even do ancestry.com”
  • “Need to chg card # for payment”

Website/ Application Question:

• “Dual homesites”
  • “App”
  • “My ancestry site is not responding”

Employment Question:

• “Employment”

Other Question:

• “Can't register”
  • “Help register my sample”
  • “Want to buy my DNA book”

About