Turnaround Time

I have had two experiences with Ancestry.Com and both were abysmal to the point of fraudulent.The first was a family tree.

I wanted information on my father's family. Not only was there no information on his family, there was no information on my father: no records on his siblings [there are seven], or his parents, and (most astonishing) nothing on his military service. I was fortunate to receive a refund. Later they began the DNA testing.

WIth so much advertising, I thought this time would be different. It was even worse. I am a mixed-race individual with African, Native American and European ancestry. The results were 51% British and 49% African.

No mention of Native American, which is on my mother's side where there is documentation. I haven't been able to reach anyone at Ancestry.com and continue to see these ads. I now know I am not the only person victimized by this scam nor is this a victimless crime. Beyond the money, there is an emotional cost.

At a time when racial polarization is reappearing, more people look to see themselves beyond legal definition of race and "one drop" categorization.

We all deserve to learn as much as we can about our heritage and this is a travesty that should be stopped.I have no idea how to proceed but if anyone is interested, please post a response or start a blog or send suggestions to lucyterryrocks@gmail.com

Review about: Ancestry Dna Blood Test.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: False information.

Had an Experience with Ancestry?

Comments